National Refreshment Day 2021: History, Meaning, Celebrations & Quotes; Here’s all you need to know
National Refreshment Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in July each year to remind people that they can take time off their busy schedules and have fun. It can be celebrated by enjoying an iced tea with a good book or drinking a glass of fresh lemonade while watching your favorite movie. If you are a beer lover, you can order a nice cold beer and enjoy those moments.
Refreshment Day is celebrated at the hottest time of the year with cold refreshments to take a break from our busy lives and recharge.
History of the national refreshment day:
The history of National Refreshment Day dates back to 2015, when Traveler Beer (beer company) celebrated the day by announcing a new variety of beer to the market. The company created the first refreshment day to please customers by serving them a new variety of beer.
The American craft beer company, based in Burlington, Vermont, was founded in 2012 and is known for producing creative beers by blending European coolers and American craft beer. The company has decided to celebrate National Refreshment Day on the fourth Thursday in July.
Since then, residents of the northern hemisphere have started observing National Refreshment Day as temperatures continue to rise in the region at this time of year. It becomes necessary to de-stress and detoxify yourself on any hot day by enjoying refreshing drinks.
Importance of National Refreshment Day:
The pressure of completing our assigned tasks and deadlines, fulfilling household responsibilities, performing household chores make our life very hectic and we don’t have time to relax. In such cases, it is necessary to have a fun day in the year where one can relax and rejuvenate before getting back to work. National Refreshment Day is celebrated to remind us that stress management is important and that we need to detox regularly.
It is a sweet reminder that we must restore ourselves to our hectic and hectic daily schedules and nourish ourselves with self-care and care. You need to have a good supply of water and fluids to avoid dehydration in hot summers. National Refreshment Day reminds us that we need to regularly drink healthy water and beverages in the summer to stay fit and healthy.
National Refreshment Day celebrations:
National Refreshment Day can be celebrated in a number of ways and the importance of this day has grown over the years. While some people think that one bottle of beer is enough to relax their mind and body, for some refreshment is silence and mediation. Refreshments can mean a lot of things to many people around the world.
-Since beer is a famous refreshment in the United States, national refreshment can be celebrated by toasting the chilled beer and craft beer community.
-You can also celebrate this by enjoying your favorite drink or beer and posting celebratory photos on social media using the hashtag #RefreshmentDay. As the world reeling from the pandemic, you can share your refreshing moments online and make this celebration virtual.
-You can try new drinks to detoxify yourself. Try your mojito, your smoothies, Agua de Sandia or Strawberry Basil Smash. You can also please your loved ones and spend quality time.
-Remember to drink enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
-You can also choose to relax your body and mind by doing yoga or exercising or taking an evening walk in the park. This will strengthen your immune system and keep you fit.
-Recharge and refresh with massage therapy on this National Refreshment Day. Getting a massage will soothe you, detoxify your accumulated stress, and improve your mental and physical well-being. It helps you to have a clear mindset.
– Laughter is one of the best ways to enjoy National Refreshment Day. It helps relieve stress, improves your mood, protects against harmful stress, and strengthens your immune system.
-Companies and organizations can organize a refreshment bar to boost the morale of their employees and encourage them at work.
-You can visit retirement homes and orphanages and serve healthy drinks to children and the elderly.
-You can check the health benefits of different juices and drinks and share their recipes on social media. Encourage people to cool off and get involved in self-care activities.
Quotes on National Refreshment Day:
On the special occasion of National Refreshment Day, we bring you some quotes:
– “Sitting in the shade on a beautiful day and gazing at the greenery is the most perfect refreshment.” – Jane Austen
– “You really have to use your imagination to refresh your daily life. “- Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
– “When you create at the magnitude that I am trying to create, your brain is like a computer and you have to cool off.” Missy Elliott
– “Periodically, I return to the classics to inspire and refresh myself.” – Cecilia Dart-Thornton
-True silence is the rest of the mind and is to the mind what sleep is to the body, food and refreshment. “- William Penn
– “Rest when you are tired. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work. – Ralph Marston
– “Once you put everything in the right perspective, even the bad times can be an opportunity to refresh your appetite, your desire. “- Alex Zanardi
– “I drink to separate my body from my soul.” “Oscar Wilde
– “There is more refreshment and stimulation in even the shortest nap than in any alcohol ever distilled.” Ovid
– “Loneliness is creativity’s best friend, and loneliness is refreshment for our souls.”
READ ALSO | Nelson Mandela International Day 2021: history, meaning, theme, quotes and messages