Merry Christmas: 26 Ways To Write “Merry Christmas 2021” On A Festive Card – From Best Quotes To Funny Jokes
Inspirational greeting messages for friends, family and loved ones this Christmas
Making the time each year to sit down and put pen to paper to express seasonal wishes to friends, family, acquaintances and loved ones remains a popular festive pastime.
However, with a mountain of carefully selected cards and an up-to-date address book, writing a Christmas message can sometimes seem a little overwhelming.
Wishing someone a “Merry Christmas” can seem a bit repetitive at times, so if you’re in the mood to expand on your season’s greeting message, fear not, this is the place for you.
Here we take a look at different ways you can spread Christmas cheer this year in a carefully scripted message to a loved one or even bring a smile to your face with hilarious liners …
How to express Christmas wishes in a card
It’s a phrase you’ll hear, write, or read over and over again through the festive window.
Merry Christmas is a well-established way of expressing seasonal wishes, but just because it’s widely used doesn’t mean it diminishes its meaning or the feeling behind the phrase.
However, if you’re looking for a few variations to write on your Christmas card, or if you want to add some humor to the annual gift tag and card exchange, read on for inspiration.
Best Christmas Greeting Quotes
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- It’s the season to be happy!
- It’s the most beautiful time of the year!
- I wish you and your family health and happiness for Christmas
- Hope your Christmas is filled with joy and laughter this year
- I wish you a happy and bright Christmas!
- Happy Holidays! Hope all your Christmas wishes come true
- May you have the chance to capture the beauty and the true meaning of the Christmas season
- Christmas is a magical time of the year because we are together
- May the true spirit of Christmas shine in your heart and light your way.
- Far from each other this Christmas but totally together in our hearts and minds
- The only thing I love more than Christmas is spending it with you
- All I want for Christmas is you!
Best Christmas Greeting Jokes
- It is the most wine-growing period of the year!
- Have a totally Christmas tree
- Hold on for the life of the deer, Santa Claus is coming to town!
- Yule always be my favorite
- May your happiness be great – and may your bills be small
- This is the most wonderful time for a beer!
- Put it on the brakes this holiday season!
- Merry Christmas! I love you from head to mistletoe
- It’s Christmas time – you snow the drill!
- I only have ice cream for you this holiday season
- Have a very merry Christmas to your elf!
- Christmas is primarily for children … of all ages
- Your gifts are requested on Christmas day
A message from the editor:
Thanks for the reading. NationalWorld is a new national news brand, produced by a team of journalists, editors, video producers and designers who live and work across the UK. Learn more about who is who in the team, and our editorial values. We want to create a community among our readers, so follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and continue the conversation. You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletters and get a selection of our best reads delivered to your inbox every day.