10 amazing quotes to encourage people to read
National Book Lover’s Day is celebrated on August 9 each year in the United States to encourage bibliophiles to find a good book and a nice place to read in peace.
So special day, book lovers can forget their worries and immerse themselves in the world of their choice. They can also visit their favorite bookstores to discover new titles they may wish to add to their growing collection of books or simply explore new places where they can sit and read.
Of course, they can also gift their friends and relatives with books that interest them. In this way, bibliophiles can encourage loved ones to fall in love with print and discover the magical world of reading. To inspire them even more, here are 10 Amazing Quotes On Reading. (Courtesy: Celadon Books)
- “Show me a family of readers, and I’ll show you the people who make the world move.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “A book is a garden, an orchard, a warehouse, a party, a business, by the way, an advisor, a multitude of advisers.” –Charles Baudelaire
- “When I look back I’m in awe of the invigorating power of literature again. If I was a youngster today, trying to get a feel for the world, I would do it again while reading, just like I did when. I was young.” – Maya Angelou
- “I think books are like people, in the sense that they will appear in your life when you need them most.” – Emma Thompson
- “It wasn’t until I started reading and found books that they wouldn’t let us read in school that I found out that you can be crazy and happy and have a good life. without being like everyone else. ” – John Waters
- “Books are unique and moving magic.” – Stephen King
- “Books and doors are the same thing. You open them and step into another world.” -Jeanette Winterson
- “A good short story would pull me out of myself and put me back in my place, disproportionate now, and uncomfortable with the fit.” – David Sédaris
- “Books are, let’s face it, better than everything else. If we played the Cultural Fantasy Boxing League and put books fifteen rounds against the best of any other art form, then the books would win little. close every time. ” – Nick Hornby
- “Once you learn to read you will be free forever.” – Frederick Douglass